Sunday, November 30, 2008

What a weekend!

We had a great 4 days of eating, sleeping, shopping, decorating, cleaning, and pretty much doing whatever we have felt like. We are so routine driven around here, so for once it was nice to sleep in and stay up late (just ask Ben).  I dread going back to work tomorrow, but only a few more weeks until I am off again for Christmas. :)
Thanksgiving was spent with the Lineberry's.  My mema came along with my brother and Sherri and Ben had a blast showing them all his stuff at Big B's house.  We had a great lunch and a great nap afterwards.  We came home and decorated the Christmas tree and watched some cartoons. Friday we did a whole lot of nothing, including staying in our pajamas until getting ready to go see Disney on Ice.  I was going to attempt some bargain shopping, but no good deal was worth actually showering early and putting on clothes :) 
We took Ben to Disney World last year, and will not be going back until sometime next year so, we did the next best thing, we took him to see Disney On Ice.  I was pretty convinced it was going to be cheesy, but it was actually pretty good.  The characters were entertaining and the skaters were talented.


Mickey and friends

Nana, Big B, and Ben


Ben eyeing the kid's sword behind us


They performed scenes from The Lion King,




 Little Mermaid, Lilo and Stitch, and Peter Pan.  Peter Pan was Ben's favorite part because of the pirates and the ship.  




Tinkerbell is my favorite!!

Saturday we watched the Tigers eat some chicken from the warmth of our house.  My brother and a family friend took Benji's and my place.  We yelled and screamed in the comforts of home.  I then attempted to take Ben and Benji shopping with me, but that only lasted about 2 hours and 1 yet seemingly long tantrum by Ben.  We hurried home just in time for the Y & R marathon.  
Days off always go by so quickly, but it was fun to spend some time with my 2 favorite boys.  

No comments: