Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving!!! This year sure has flown by and I have a lot to be thankful for!

1. Ben
I always imagined what my child would be like one day and how I would be as a mother. I knew that the idea of being a mother sounded exciting, but I was never totally sure I could handle actually being a mother. That quickly changed when Ben was born and my love grows for him more and more every day. There are some rough days, when he is not listening or refuses to do what he is asked, but I know where he gets his stubborness and hard head from, so I accept and deal with it. He is healthy, very smart, witty, handsome and charming. I am so blessed that God chose me to be his mommy!

2. Benji
I wondered after 5 years of dating whether marriage to each other was going to happen or even was supposed to happen. However, we have just completed our 5th year of marriage and I can say that I truly married my best friend. We are both super head strong and opinionated, but usually about the same things. We have had out trying moments and he can drive me crazy at times (I am sure he will say I do the same to him), yet somehow it feels right and works. So many people I know have had to deal with adultery and are in a not so happy marriage. Marriage is always some compromise, but honesty and communication is a huge part in it and thankfully Benji has taught me a lot about the communication.

3. My immediate and extended family
I have the best mom in the world!!!! I also have a great dad, mema, and in-laws. Without these people, I would not be in the place I am now.

4. My friends, both old and new
In the last few years, I have gained some great new friends, lost some friends, and reconnected with friends from years ago. For all these friends, I am thankful. You have been placed in my life for a specific purpose and I am grateful. As I have gotten older, I am fortunate to have a few very close friends with whom I share everything and who know both the good and bad of me. I enjoy being around my friends, who always make me laugh.

5. Life Lessons
This encompasses so much, but I am thankful that I able to grow and learn each and everyday. What a great country we live in to be able to have so many experiences. They might not seem like much at first, but there is always a meaning behind them.

6. A job
Working with unemployed people makes me realize how thankful I am where I am and that I have a job. Many days, my job is stressful and aggravating, but it is also rewarding when I can help make a difference in someone's life. I enjoy what I do and that is a great thing!

There are many more things that I am thankful for, but I am not going to post them all on here.
For now, I am looking forward to the following this weekend:

1. Being off- my house is a mess and really needs a good cleaning
2. Thanksgiving lunch with my family and Benji's
3. Decorating the Christmas tree, wrapping presents, and reading Christmas books with Ben
4. Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade- A family tradition to watch even though now it is more commericals and annoying commentators than anything else.
5. Maybe venturing out for some shopping on Friday. I have not finished my shopping, but I am sure that then is not the time to do it. I do like the excitment of the season, though.
6. Watching the Tigers pull off an exciting win over the Lamecocks. We have tickets and could be watching the game in person. However, I have so much to do and so little time, that we are making some tailgate food, some adult beverages, and watching the game at home.
7. We are also taking Ben to Disney On Ice at the Bilo Center on Friday. I think Ben will enjoy it, but honestly it is more for me. I am a sucker for Disney, bright lights, loud music and overpriced tickets.
Anyway, I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving.

No comments: